© 2018 Epic Health, LLC, d.b.a. EpicMD. All rights reserved. EpicMD and the EpicMD logo are registered trademarks of Epic Health, LLC, and may not be used without written permission. EpicMD is not an insurance product or a prescription fulfillment warehouse. EpicMD does not replace the existing primary care physician relationship. EpicMD does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. EpicMD physicians do not prescribe DEA controlled substances, non-therapeutic drugs and certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. EpicMD physicians reserve the right to deny care for potential misuse of services. Medical services rendered by your physician are subject to their professional judgment. EpicMD operates subject to state regulation and may not be available in certain states. Telemedicine is not available in Arkansas. Video consults are not available in Arkansas and Texas. Only video consults are available in Idaho.
1. Personally Identifiable Information. Through your use of or visits to our websites, you may be required or requested to provide personally identifiable information to us. Personally identifiable information is any piece of information that can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate a single person including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, social security and tax identification numbers, and credit card or banking information.
2. Virtual Care Consultant and Member Information. In order to become a Virtual Care Consultant or Member, you must provide biographical and contact information (such as name, mailing address, telephone numbers, and email address) to us. If you are applying as a VCC, you must also provide personal information such as an applicant’s Social Security Number or Federal Tax ID Number so that we may prepare and file necessary non-employee compensation forms for the IRS. VCC's and Members are also required to provide payment information (such as credit card, debit card, or checking account information). We use this information to maintain contact with VCC's and Members, to process VCC and member orders, and for billing purposes.
INFORMATION USE & SHARING
3. Personally Identifiable Information. EpicMD shares personally identifiable information with contracted service providers as may be necessary to: (a) process orders and/or returns and obtain payment; (b) complete an enrollment as VCC or Member; (c) VCC account management; (d) issue payment and report income to taxing authorities; and (e) maintain communication with you, (f) access / manage Members’ services on the EpicMD platform, and (f) to provide Membership subscription services. We also provide personally identifiable information: (a) to other VCC's as needed to maintain your account current within the EpicMD sales organization; and/or (b) to assign you a sales trainer; and (c) to governmental agencies as required pursuant to law.
4. Sales Organization. EpicMD provides certain information to VCC's regarding other VCC's and Members within a VCC's sales organization. As an EpicMD VCC or Member, your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other sales information may be used statiscally for the purpose of improving sales strategies and methods. . No other personally identifiable information will be shared with other VCC's. Sales organization information is made available to EpicMD and VCC is subject to a confidentiality and non-solicitation covenant in the agreement that each VCC enters into with EpicMD. However, EpicMD does not warrant that other VCC's will adhere to the confidentiality and non-solicitation covenants, and EpicMD shall not be responsible for VCC’s violation of these covenants.
5. Sales Information. If you make a purchase from an VCC’s replicated website or from the Company’s mobile application, we will provide a supporting trainer VCC who is your contact with your contact information, a description of the item(s) purchased, and the sales information associated with the purchase. No other personally identifiable information will be shared with the VCC.
6. Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable). EpicMD may share aggregated demographic information with our partners, vendors, suppliers, third party providers, and advertisers. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
8. Lead Assignments. EpicMD occasionally will assign prospective Member and VCC leads to a supporting VCC. In these cases, we will provide the lead with the appropriate IESR’s name and contact information and/or provide a VCC with the prospective lead’s name and contact information.
9. Legally Required Law Enforcement, Judicial and Administrative Agency Disclosures. EpicMD will provide confidential and personally identifiable information as necessary to comply with judicial and administrative orders, subpoenas, Civil or Criminal Investigative Demands, Administrative and Regulatory Demands and other legal obligations. In order for EpicMD to conduct business in certain jurisdictions, EpicMD may be called upon to disclose certain personally identifiable and confidential information to regulatory authorities in those jurisdictions. Such information may include, but is not limited to, income information and personally identifiable information. We will provide such information as we deem necessary.
10. Surveys. It may become necessary to conduct surveys of our Members or VCC’s. Should we deem it necessary to conduct a survey, we may outsource the survey to a third party. We will provide the third party survey company with your personal information as is necessary for the third party survey company to conduct the survey and to those third parties whom we engage to review and analyze the results of the survey. We will not provide your social security number, credit card or banking information to the survey provider.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM US
11. Special Offers and Updates. EpicMD sends all new VCC’s and Members a welcoming email to verify password, username, and acceptance of the VCC Agreement or Member Agreement. All VCC’s and Members will occasionally receive information on the EpicMD business, products, services, special deals, and a newsletter.
12. Service Announcements. On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send VCC’s and/or Members an email or text message. Generally, VCC’s may not opt-out of these communications, though they can deactivate their account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
13. Virtual Care Consultant and Member Support. EpicMD communicates with VCC’s and Members via email, regular mail, text message and telephone on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their EpicMD business. EpicMD communicates with customers/members with respect to products or services purchased by such Members from EpicMD. Such communications should be directed to Member Support via email at email@example.com, or via telephone at 1-888-747-3742. EpicMD may also communicate with VCC’s through messages in VCC’s Back-Offices.
15. Links. EpicMD’s websites may contain links to or from other sites. EpicMD is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by EpicMD websites.
16. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance. Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
17. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance. We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. While parents and guardians of children under age 13 may provide medical information on the Site so that such information can be provided to the medical professional so that he/ she may provide professional medical services, such information collected only from parents or guardians, and is not shared with anyone other than the medical professionals who consult with the parent/guardian and the entity that employs such medical professionals.